- Treat every firearm as loaded
- Always point your barrel in a safe direction
- Load firearms only when ready to fire; no mags inside the HQ or other designated area
- Identify your target
- Check your firing zone and backstop
- Store firearms securely and responsibly to and from CTA events and when storing at your home
- No alcohol or drugs to be consumed when handling firearms
For more information on the New Zealand Firearms Code, please consult the New Zealand Police website.
CTA Firearms Safety Policy: 99.99% is not good enough. 100% Firearms safety, 100% of the time!